It’s very unpleasant to have an appointment and the other person doesn’t show up. But unfortunately, these things happen. The important thing in such cases is, to be honest, and hope that the other party understands you. We are all human and it can happen to anyone. In this post, we will give you examples of how to apologize when you miss a meeting. But before that, let’s see what are the most common reasons to miss a meeting:
• аn unpleasant situation with your friend or family;
• road accident;
• problems with your child at school;
• internet connection problems ( if the meeting is online);
1. I’m very sorry that I couldn’t attend the meeting at 12 o’clock. Unfortunately, I had an urgent engagement and had to be off work for 1 hour.
2. Please accept my sincerest apologies for not being able to attend the meeting this morning. I had a very unpleasant situation with my car which delayed me and I was unable to join.
3. I’m very sorry that I could not attend the meeting today. I was prepared but something urgent came up. I apologize for the inconvenience.
4. I’d like to apologize for missing the meeting on 12 April. I received an emergency call from a friend who has injured in a car accident. I had to respond quickly and take care of him. I am very sorry that I didn’t have time to warn you. I hope you will understand me and agree to move the meeting to April 18 at 10 am.
5. I’m very sorry that I missed the online meeting today. Unfortunately, a rather unpleasant situation occurred with my internet connection and I was unable to join the meeting. I would appreciate it if you have a recording of the meeting and if you could send it to me. I hope you will understand me, and from my side, I will try my best not to have this problem again.
6. I’d like to express my sincere apologies for missing the meeting. I had an urgent engagement. Is it possible to reschedule the meeting for another day?
7. I would like to apologize for missing the meeting yesterday. I received an emergency call from the hospital about a serious accident with a relative of mine. I was shocked and I didn’t have time to realize that I should warn that I wouldn’t be able to attend the meeting. Again I would like to offer my sincere apologies. I would be delighted if you would agree to move the meeting to another day convenient to you.
8. Due to a really unpleasant situation I had to miss the meeting this morning. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience. Can I call you later to explain the whole situation and make an appointment for another day?
9. Please accept my apologies for not attending the meeting we had earlier today. I will do my best to not miss other meetings in the future.
10. I sincerely apologize for missing the meeting and I’m deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused.