What Does Sincerely Mean in an Email?
Sincerely has a lot of different meanings, corresponding to its multiple contexts.
Sincerely in a way that shows what you really feel or think about somebody/something ”I sincerely believe that this is the right decision.” or ”I won’t let you down. I sincerely hope not.”
Sincerely (yours) is also used as a closing, at the end of a formal letter/email before you sign your name.
Can I Use Sincerely in an Email?
Definitely! It’s used in emails as a way to show sincerity towards the addressee in order to convey that you are being genuine “I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.”
It can also be used as closing when sending an email:
Have a nice day.
What’s the Difference Between Sincerely and Faithfully?
Faithfully means to be accurate, and careful: to follow instructions faithfully ”The events were faithfully recorded on her calendar.” While Sincerely means to be truthful and show goodwill to the other party.
Faithfully is also used at the end of a formal letter as well as Sincerely, the difference here is that Faithfully is used when you addressed somebody as ”Dear Sir/ Dear Madam, etc.” and not by their name.
Should I Use ”Sincerely” or ”Yours sincerely”?
”Yours sincerely” is more often associated with the British (official style). While ”Sincerely” is associated with American English.
Alternatives of Sincerely
All the best,
Sample Sentences Using Sincerely
1. I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced while trying our product.
2. I just wanted to say a sincere thank you for joining our team! We sincerely appreciate you giving us a shot! It is great to have you onboard.
3. I sincerely regret that I was unable to reply to your email in time.
4. I just wanted to take a few moments to sincerely thank you for your hard work over the years.
5. I sincerely regret to hear that my team has been unresponsive for a few days now with email inquiries, but we hope to have this fixed as soon as possible.
6. I sincerely thank you for your time and I look forward to working with you soon.
7. I understand your concern about my job performance and sincerely apologize for disappointing you.
8. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had a bad experience with our product. I sincerely regret that.
9. I’m just writing to sincerely apologize for the issue from yesterday.
10. I’m sorry that I did not get back to you sooner, and I sincerely apologize on behalf of our team if we failed to deliver on our promises.
Sample Emails Using Sincerely
Subject: Thank you!
I wanted to personally thank you for your interest in our software. I’m glad you’re one of the first recipients and I hope this becomes a part of your business success.
Please reach out to me anytime if you have any questions, concerns, or feedback. I sincerely hope this email goes a long way in strengthening our relationship between us.
I’d like to sincerely thank you for your time and effort in trying our product out. We’re so glad that you found it beneficial, and we wish you the best of luck with everything as you continue to build your business!
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out anytime – our team is just an email away.
Subject: Expertise in video systems
I read about your work on website.com and was very impressed. I used to work in the industry myself and loved what you did. I would love to speak with you about your project if you’re interested.
I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks so much for your time!
Subject: Thank you for your time
I really appreciate the time you took today to visit our booth. Thank you for being so helpful to us. I’m excited to have the chance to talk more with you in another setting!