When you receive an invitation, your manner of response should be prompt and clear. You should thank them for thinking of you, even if you can’t make it. So that you don’t wonder what to say back we have prepared some sample sentences for you to say Thank you for the invitation.
10 Formal Ways to Say Thank You for the Invitation
1. Thank you for the invitation to participate in your webinar tomorrow. I have always found your products extremely useful, and I plan to attend your webinar.
2. I am so excited that you invited me to the event. I am really looking forward to meeting you, and I hope to see you there.
3. I would like to thank you for inviting me to the event. It will be a pleasure to meet you in person.
4. Thank you for your kind invitation! I greatly appreciate you including me in your event.
5. Thank you for inviting me to an event. I can’t wait to meet you and explore the possibilities of getting involved in your charity/project.
6. Thank you so much for the invitation to (EVENT NAME)! I’m delighted to be a part of this esteemed event.
7. Thank you for inviting me to your event! I’m looking forward to the opportunity to learn more about your product and services. Please let me know the day and times of the event, so I can plan my schedule accordingly.
8. Thank you for the invitation! I hope that it will be a productive opportunity for me to learn more about your company and its goals.
9. I would be delighted to be invited and attend your event. Thank you for the invitation.
10. Thank you for inviting me to (EVENT NAME). I am looking forward to meeting you on (DATE)! I am also looking forward to learning more about your company and how we can work together.
Here is an example of a formal email:
10 Casual Ways to Say Thank You for the Invitation
1. Thanks for the invite! I’m looking forward to meeting you at the event.
2. Thank you very much for inviting me to the dinner party. I really appreciate it. I’m looking forward to going and getting to know everyone.
3. I would love to be at your barbeque party and I look forward to meeting you.
4. Thank you for inviting me to your birthday party! I’m really excited to come!
5. I’m happy to accept your invitation, thank you.
6. Thank you for inviting me to your cocktail party. I’m excited to see you there!
7. Just wanted to thank you for the invite. It’s really awesome to be a part of it. Excited to meet everyone and get started!
8. Thanks for thinking of me. I appreciate it and would love to attend the dinner.
9. We haven’t seen each other for a long time and when I saw your invitation I was very happy. We are going to have a great time.
10. I would love to see you on (DATE)! Should I bring something to drink/eat?
Thank you for your invitation – Not Sure That You Can Attend
1. Many thanks for sending the invitation, but I am not sure if I will be able to attend. Can I confirm tomorrow?
2. Thanks for inviting me to make time to chat over a cup of coffee. I think the idea of getting together and discussing this topic is a very good one. I’ll just need a few hours to confirm if I’ll be available on the proposed day and time.
3. Thank you for inviting me to your event, I really appreciate the invite. Please know that I will need to review my calendar before confirming attendance. I will get back to you in a few hours with the answer.
4. I am very interested in the topic of your event coming up. I am open to it, as long as I am free on that date. I will get back to you and let you know if I can make it.
5. I wanted to send a quick note thanking you for your invitation to the event. Unfortunately, I am not sure if I will be able to attend as of now. Can I confirm later?
6. Thank you for the invitation! In order to make a commitment, I will need to review my calendar. I will get back to you soon.
7. I am very interested in your event. Is there a particular date you are looking at hosting this in the near future? I just need to see if I’m free on that date and let you know.
8. I saw the email and I am writing back to you. I will check my calendar to see if this date is free on my agenda first and will get back as soon as possible.
9. This event sounds very interesting but I am not sure if I will be able to attend. I’ll be sure to let you know asap.
10. Thanks so much for sending out the invite to your event. I would love to join you, but I need a bit more information in order to make a decision. Could you please send me more details about the date and costs?
Frequently Asked Questions Using the Phrase ”Thank You for the Invitation”
Which One is Correct ”Thank You for the Invite” or ”Thank You for the Invitation”?
It’s not correct to say ”thank you for the invite” because ”invite” is a verb. You can’t thank someone and then put a verb. It’s like saying ”thank you for the understand”, it doesn’t sound good. You need to say ”thank you for your understanding” (using a noun).
The best words to say are “thank you for the invitation” or ”thank you for inviting me”.
What Subject Line Can I Use?
No need to wonder; you can use the most appropriate subject lines like ”Thank you for the invitation!” or ”Thank you for inviting me to your event!”. In this article, you can find more subject lines when the event is over and you want to write an email thanking for the good organization.
And if you have organized an event and you need to thank the participants, you can check this article.