It often happens that we are assigned many tasks and do not have time to do everything on time. In such cases, we must apologize for the delay. In this post, we will show you different examples of how to apologize when apologizing by email or communicating verbally.
Say You Were Busy via Email
1. I apologize a lot for the late answer, but I’ve been very busy the last few days and haven’t had time to answer you.
2. Our support has difficulty providing answers due to the reduced staff. Please be patient, we will reply to you soon.
3. I was very busy yesterday and was unable to check all my emails. I hope I did not cause you any difficulties.
4. Thank you very much for your inquiry. I am quite busy at the moment, but I will answer you as soon as possible.
5. Thank you for sending the meeting invitation, but unfortunately, I will not be able to attend. On this day and time, I will attend another conference and I’ll be busy.
6. I really apologize for the late reply, I came back from vacation yesterday and I had to answer a lot of emails.
7. We apologize on behalf of the entire team for the later response. We are currently in a reduced staff and I am unable to answer all inquiries on time.
8. I would like to sincerely apologize for our delay. With our team, we do our best to answer each client on time, but in recent days we have had a lot of inquiries and therefore you receive this answer with a little delay.
9. I’ve been so busy the last few days that I haven’t had time to answer you in time. I apologize a lot!
Say You Were Busy in Verbal Communication
1. Hi boss, I’m forwarding these signature documents to you, sorry for the delay I’ve been pretty busy lately.
2. I’ll forward the contract to you in an hour because I’m very busy right now.
3. After completing a few tasks, I will be able to help you with the new system.
4. Thank you for your patience, here are the requested documents.
5. I’m sorry I kept you waiting for so long. We are really busy at the moment. I’m pleased you didn’t hang up! If you can hold for a few more minutes I’ll try to put you through to someone who can help.
6. I’m afraid I will gave to cancel our meeting on Thursday as my boss just told me that I’ll have to go on a business trip and I’ll be very busy for a whole week.
7. I’m afraid Mr. Smith’s line is busy. Would you like to hold?
8. I’m afraid Mr. Smith is now in a meeting. He won’t be available until at least 5 this afternoon. Would you like to leave a message?
9. If you are very busy, you might propose an alternative date during this week?
You are free to use the above examples of how to say that you were busy.