In this post, you will find tips on how to ask someone for an update and several examples. When you wish to ask someone for an update on a specific ticket, project, order, or quote, it is recommended to follow these tips:
1. Inform the other party why you are writing to him/her about which case/ticket/project – this way you will save yourself unnecessary wondering from the other party what is all about, also additional search for correspondence, tickets, etc.
2. You can add when you first raised the issue/ ticket – this will highlight that the issue has been open for a long time and you have not yet received any solution or any feedback.
3. Give a deadline when the task needs to be completed and if you don’t get a response you can warn them that you will escalate the issue to higher management.
4. Warn them that if you don’t get an answer/solution to the problem you will terminate the contract.
5. Suggest making an appointment so they will explain to you what the status of the problem/project is and discuss the next steps.
Examples Requesting An Update In Email
1. I’m writing to you regarding ticket number 1111. Could you provide an update? The ticket has been open since November 21 and no one has contacted me yet.
2. May I ask you for an update on the matter below?
3. Can I ask you about the status of order number 1111? I’ve placed the order on the 13th of May and have not received any update since.
4. May I kindly ask you for an update on this issue? The issue has not yet been resolved and I haven’t received an update in a week. Please address this issue as soon as possible, otherwise, I will have to raise the matter with the senior management of the company.
5. I would like an update on what stage the project is at? The last update I received was 2 weeks ago.
6. Please provide me with information on when the project will be completed (NAME).
7. Please inform me when you have an update on the case.
8. I’m writing to you regarding case 1111. I would like an update on what stage it is at?
9. Our request for a quote was sent to you on the 14th of June and we haven’t received anything yet. We would be grateful if you could send the quote as soon as possible.
10. As we haven’t received any feedback yet, we kindly ask you to send your latest 1111 ticket update as soon as possible.
11. We’re writing you regarding ticket number 1111. Could you please send your latest update?
12. We will be glad if you send your offer as soon as possible. It’s taking a lot of time and we worry that our client might refuse the order.
13. I’m writing to you to remind you that I still haven’t received the requested information. Please contact me as soon as possible.
14. My ticket is opened for a week and I still haven’t been resolved. I ask you to give the matter your immediate attention.
15. As I have received no reply from you, I shall terminate the service unless you resolve the issue within the next five days.
16. Please provide me with information on the matter in the correspondence below. If I don’t receive a response by tomorrow I’m afraid I will have to refer the matter to senior management.
17. Please provide an update on the case. If you are willing, we can arrange an online meeting to discuss the next steps.
Feel free to use the above examples of requesting an update in email.